Sunday, December 09, 2007

junior camp!



This song's quite infectious...okay but anyway,

Receive! Renew! Revive!

That was the theme if the camp, with the the camp verse being 1 Timothy 4:12, "Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but in rather speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe."

To be honest, I didn't really look forward to the camp, as I didn't know most of the people I was going with. But closer to the camp I resolved to put my all in leading my group, that's why I pulled out of SDD in the end.

Sentosa is quite a nice place, with our campsite next to Palawan Beach, so we could eat Koufu for two dinners. But our campsite, really makes this camp a camp, unlike all previous church camps which has always been resorts or hotels.

I was the leader of Olives (camp group names are names of places in the Bible), with Cheryl Low co-leading. Thank God for her without her I don't know how I could have connected to my predominantly girl group. Also she's one of the most enthu people. My group had a great start as most of them started opening up in the first day and making friends, so the bonding and the enthuness was there from the start. We ended up with the most points on the first day, because of our cheers and everything.

Although we didn't do that well at the games the spirit was still there. I told them that winning was not everything as long as we tried our best and had fun. So they seemed to have learned that well. Haha then during the group times when we had to play games, I taught them all the games I knew like the VJ orientation ones and others. Cheryl like became addicted to Hainan Ji Fan. Learned a few other games too like some shooting game and some macaroni song game. Haha we all had fun as a group. :)

The games planned were quite fun, kudos to the games comm, especially the war games on the third day, which was similar to the war games at the senior camp last year. On the first day it rained, which was quite sad as the games on that day had to be cancelled. But God showed how amazing he was as he held the rain on the third day until the point the games ended. It can't have been that coincidental.

But perhaps the highlights of the camp were the second and the third nights, the ministry nights, because those were the nights I met God. I just broke down. I can't really describe it and I shan't go into the details.

So guess who won best group? Olives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home