Thursday, March 27, 2008

security and reassurance

This year I've just been studying. But lately I've stopped and thought about what I'm doing it all for, and about situations in life. And the prospect of 'A' Levels and Chinese and T3A and 0 CIP hours since I entered JC. And aren't these what determine the future, and the rest of the road ahead? Sometimes I'm not even sure of what I really want to do. And once you think about these things, you don't stop. Worrying. Although you're not supposed to.

That's why the Easter Sunday service, Breakfast with Jesus, was such a godsend. (I didn't manage to bring a friend though, it supposing to be an evangelistic service) I think slowly as it progressed there was a renewal of the spirit. It all hit me at the performance, and at the song Because He lives, at the line He holds the future.
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!
The overwhelming sense of security, and of peace is very comforting. And it simply echoed the devotion I read the night before, which basic gist was that God's presence in your life is not based on feelings. Even when you feel that He is not there, He is there. And the devil plays with your mind, making you worry when there's no cause for worry, and making simple matters appear complicated. So just trust in God and everything will turn out alright in the end like it always does.

The experience was really refreshing. The week so far, has been one of the happier weeks of my JC life. I don't feel as tired anymore throughout the days of lessons. Sleep helps too of course. Good mental health does wonders.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home