Saturday, March 08, 2008

pah

'A' Level results was yesterday. Not that it really affected me. We got to see our seniors, which was nice. But well, it really made me feel the pressure. You want the As, but you don't really know how you're going to get there. How I felt was like how cherhan's msn nick put it, something like - "same time next year, I want to be happy".

Chinese came out on the same day too. I wish I'll be able to pass next time.

I think coming to JC really makes you realise that you're growing up, and no one's going to help you now, you're really got to help yourself. With all the scholarship and university talks and everything and whatever that makes you realise that you have a future in which you're independent and maybe things are not going to be so nice and dandy anymore. It's a competitive world.

So you see funny things that JC people do that look really childish but it's because we're trying to revisit our chidhood. We're clinging on to the last vestige of childhood, doing things we didn't do when we were still young. I can't believe I wanted to grow up so fast when I was young. Now I don't go into the world. I don't feel ready. Yes, there are nice things about maturing. But we can't pick and choose. We're all going to be 18; some already are. Like, that's so old. We'll be adults, and we have to act like adults. The world isn't so simple anymore and things get complicated, if it isn't already. You can't remain like The Little Prince.

On a happier note. Go watch The Leap Years. It's real nice. One of the more artistic local movies I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home