Monday, January 08, 2007

first day

Today was the first day of formal schooling.

Math was okay. Lit was all talk and should be set to be quite fun. The teacher says she reads blogs so perhaps I won't comment about anything. Chem was the only one that got down to work seriously and the teacher was quite naggy.

Orientation was fun. And I won't mind staying in MJ if I can't make it to VJ. The only stupid thing was the VS cheers that most of the VS boys (seniors included) wanted to do after the campfire. I felt it was plain disrespectful to do something like that in another JC. I heard they even brought the flag last year. The MJ people didn't mind cheers but just didn't want a flag and the anthem. But still I felt that the only occasions a VS cheer is for is in a Victorian institution or competition. There's no place for a VS cheer anywhere else, not in another school, not at a wedding.

It's not that I'm against Victorian camaraderie. But I've heard stories from my OGLs on how some VS boys are just always sticking together and "sorang" as a group. I'm going to break that and mix around. This doesn't mean I've lost my Victorian Spirit. To me cheers are just a way of expressing your pride. But you don't hold the Victorian Spirit in your voices. You hold it in your memories, and your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home